Thursday, June 11, 2015

Farsky, the deep blue sea

With my game block and writers block I decided to play Farsky an underwater survival game. I don't play to many survival games but I have to rate this one 9 out of 10. To begin it is a very beautiful game. You get to see a large range of ocean life forms and plant life. When starting this game first priority is food. You are given few supplies at first once your submarine explodes. You are given a base but you don't have any materials to build anything. You have a drill so your best option is mining some iron to make a knife for stabbing things. Growing vegetables and cooking them with coal on the stove is the quickest food source usually getting -25% on your hunger. If you kill larger animals like sharks once you cook the meat it gives you -50% to your hunger. There is some dysfunction in the game though. You have options to build things like a stool and a table yet there is no functional use what so ever that I found. Now if they made it to where you could sleep and things like that, I believe that would make it just a tad bit better especially passing the night time. At night creatures get more aggressive and will attack you where as in the day time sharks will mostly leave you alone unless you attack them first. Another reason I give it a 9 out of 10 is the fact that there is no multiplayer function. My friend and I both own the game and we were playing the story mode together. Yet on sandbox mode we don't have an option to play the game together which would be an awesome dynamic to the game. There is plenty room for improvement especially if something along the lines of multiplier is created. Over all though a great game that I would recommend for anyone even people who don't play survivors cause for me it's not like your normal survivor game.

No comments:

Post a Comment